Executive Assistant to the President
The Executive Assistant to the President provides key administrative support for the President and Briercrest College and Seminary by coordinating the daily flow of information, appointments and tasks related to the President’s Office to various internal and external audiences.
The Executive Assistant will also provide strategic leadership to the pool of administrative assistants that serves the President, the Executive Vice-President, and the Advancement/Development Office leadership. They will receive and host guests meeting with the President, including board members and government dignitaries, and organize key receptions at board meetings, graduations, and special ceremonies.
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- Post-secondary training in a related discipline preferred
- Previous relevant work experience preferred
- Capacity to work with a high degree of autonomy, and possessing good administrative, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and management ability
- Able to exercise excellent judgment in confidential matters.
- Have a good working knowledge of technology (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, BEAM)
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with a diversity of people.
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively with students and the public.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy and give attention to detail.
- Able to be flexible in prioritizing various projects and the delegation of those duties.
- Have a good knowledge of the workings of Briercrest College and Seminary
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Schedule President’s Chapels/Staff Meetings/Seniors Updates
- Screen phone calls and correspondence
- Manage communication of reports, minutes, policies to Board, Cabinet and others
- Maintain filing system and update Board information
- Reconcile Visa statements monthly
- Make travel arrangements (book cars, flights, hotels, etc.)
- Organize Board and Executive of the Board meetings, prepare the needed materials, organize travel, accommodations, and catering
- Graduation - Honorary doctorates – correspond with recipients and arrange all details for their stay. Commencement program – contact all involved to keep updated
- General office duties as necessary (typing, etc.)
- Book all requests for Board room
- Organize donor calling
- Maintain electronic Archives and Board-related Archives in Library
- Academic - photocopy handouts, overheads, quizzes, exams, enter marks
- Provide leadership to a group of administrative assistants
- Actively support and promote the Briercrest College and Seminary vision and mission to others and before God in prayer.
- Complete all tasks and projects accurately and in a timely manner.
- Plan and coordinate Advancement team projects and functions under the Chief Advancement Officer’s direction.
- Assist with select Development duties and functions including mailings, writing thank you cards, etc. (Christmas, prayer, special events – birthday, anniversary, death).
- Maintain the confidentiality of personal and donor information
- Occasionally work with the Events Team to arrange Advancement Office events on and off campus and assist with hosting events as needed
- Host ministry workers, alumni, and other visitors to campus so they will be encouraged to support our mission.
- Be alert to any information that may contribute to the success of the Advancement Office and communicate it to appropriate staff.
- The Executive Assistant reports directly to the President
- This role works closely with the Development Office
- This role supervises Development Assistants
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application