Scholarships and Bursaries
For students attending the 2019-20 academic year
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications open May 1, 2019.
- Applications close May 31, 2019.
How to Apply
- Online Application Form available until May 31
Award recipients will be notified by email June 30, 2019.
Amber Torgersen Memorial Bursary
For a student entering grade 12 with financial need. The recipient should display a solid and growing commitment to the following qualities: spiritual commitment and discernment; work ethic; leadership skills; commitment to encouraging fellow students; involvement in co-curricular areas such as music, drama, athletics or service activities.
BCA Student Assistance
For a student with financial need
Donald K. & Kathleen M. Moore Short-term Missionary Scholarship
For a student planning to or having just served a short-term summer missionary ministry under Child Evangelism in Canada or a short term missions team in a foreign country.
Eliana Ike Celebration Bursary
Available for a BCA student who demonstrates financial need.
Esther Beck Memorial Bursary
For a student with financial need interested in missions now and in the future.
Gerald and Daisy Frostad Honorary Scholarship
For a descendent of Gerald and Daisy Frostad or for a fine arts students.
Hall Family Scholarship
For a dorm student, with preference given to a student athlete in good academic standing.
Odete Ike Memorial Scholarship
For a student with financial need interested in sciences or economics.
Wal-Berg Enterprises Bursary
Available to a returning BCA student with financial need in good standing with BCA. The student must be a full time student intending to stay for the full year. Preference given to a student living in dorm.
Scholarships/Bursaries available to BCA, college and seminary students
Jolly Family Bursary
($1,500, 2 available)
For a BCA, college or seminary aboriginal student (First Nations including non-status, Inuit, and Metis) with financial need.
Marie Oman Memorial Bursary
Available to an Aboriginal Student (First Nations including non-status, Inuit and Metis) with demonstrated financial need.
Please note: not all scholarships/bursaries are awarded every year.
General Eligibility Criteria
Each student who would like to be considered for an award from Briercrest Christian Academy must submit a completed application form by the stated deadlines and declare all information to be accurate to the best of his or her knowledge.
- Official acceptance to Briercrest Christian Academy (pending final official transcript review), meeting Briercrest Christian Academy admissions requirements.
- Students applying for all scholarships/bursaries/awards are required to complete the application by the stated deadline each year.
- Preference will be given to students who live in dorm*
- Students are required to have a minimum of 60% average.*
- Students are required to study full time. Enrolment in less than full time will result in termination of the award.
- Students are required to exhibit financial need for bursaries.
- Students must maintain good standing in all areas in the year awarded.
- Students must meet criteria of the specific scholarship, bursary or award.
*With the exception of certain scholarships. Exceptions are noted in those specific award criteria.